Sunday, May 24, 2015

Gifts

Time once again for the girls in
the Christmas Card club to show 
their creations. 
It was the turn of Zoe to set the theme
and her choice was Gifts.
This sent me scuttling  back off again 
 to my box of  used Christmas card fronts as I knew 
that I had at least one suitable card in there .
Actually I found 2 and as they were
completely different styles decided to go 
for it again and make them both up.

1st off is the Traditional one.

The old card had so much on it that it didn't
need me to do much to it.
I used a cream card blank and adhered a 
Design Paper by Kaisercraft 
(in rolled gold leafy swirl pattern)
to it, then simply trimmed the card front down 
and for neatness (also so that  you can still see a bit of the
paper showing) rounded two of the corners 
using my Xcut chomper tool.
I added a piece of gold ric rac braid down the 
card fold side and Bob's your Uncle  a done deal!

My 2nd card is a Whimsical one.
The card front appealed to my sense of humour.
I think it had been sent to one of the kids a long
time ago and I just kept it in the maybe one day pile.
Well today is the day!
I made a tent card shape as it lent itself to the card
being an oblong,
I first stuck the card to a piece of white card stock
to make it more sturdy and then distressed the edges
with my handy distressing tool from TH.
I then adhered this to green card stock and in turn
to a sheet of red cardstock folding and sticking edges together
 as shown below to make the tent fold shape.
I used platinum Stickles on the branches,
tree and snow on house to add a bit of sparkle.
Sentiment was a gold peel off sticker and pearls/bow 
from my stash.


So which one do you like the most ? 
Traditional or Whimsical.


25 comments:

Doreen said...

Two gorgeous cards,love them both.xxx

Catherine said...

Your cards are beautiful Valery Anne ! Love them both but I must say I really like the second one, so cute ! Hope you are having a lovely week-end ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Viv said...

Like both! Can't choose..... Have a great weekend. x

Granmargaret said...

Love them both.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Two great cards for the theme this time Mrs A. Love the first one with it's gold and silver theme. Enjoy your weekend.
Lorraine

Brenda in IN said...

The first card is lovely and I love the gold and silver. It is elegant. The second one is my favorite. That reindeer with his sack of toys made me laugh. I love that he is taking goodies to the forest critters.

dutchess said...

Perfect couple of cards Valery I so admire the way you reuse card fronts and can always find a perfect image! lovely xxxxx

MaryH said...

Well I can't decide which I like best! Each is cute as can be, and of course, you _would_ have just the right image to recycle for this challenge. Love how your thought processes work. Always a winner! Happy Sunday, TFS & Big Hugs.

Margreet said...

Both cards are beautiful, but I like the whimsical one most, as that's more my style.
xxx Margreet

Christine Harrop said...

Two great cards Valery Anne. There is no way I could choose a favourite. Hugs Christine xx

rachel said...

these are both wonderful Valery - I especially adore the first one - fabulous xx

cuilliesocks said...

Can't choose Valery, bothe brilliant cards, the designs and colours are fab, perfect for the challenge, hugs Kate x

Carol said...

Two fabulous cards for the theme Mrs A, love the traditional one...but the whimsical is very cute. Carol x

Kathleen said...

Tough choice, they are both fab images and love the gold and silver of the first and love the cuteness of the second..
Can't decide.

Kath x

Gibmiss said...

Cant Decide Valery both are fabulous....
Hugs Sylvie xx

Createology said...

Great re-use of beautiful Christmas cards.

Bonnie said...

Two very different but clever cards!

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning creations, gorgeous colours here my friend.
This is a wonderful image too..
♥aNNie{aNNie My Personal Blog}


scrappymo! said...

Two great cards, Mrs A. Love that you upcycled the fronts. Always makes me happy to be able to do that too!

Unknown said...

Wow stunning!! That sleigh and presents look so classy!
And 2nd card love the cute image and how you've left the scene uncoloured so effective!!
Lucyvx

Zoe Tant said...

I love both of these. The sparkle of the first is super and the fun scene of the second made me smile. Thanks for joining my challenge. Zx

Greta said...

They're both great, Mrs. A, but since elegant is my favorite style I have to choose the first one. The gold braid is the perfect embellishment!

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

These are both gorgeous x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

These are both gorgeous x

Sarn said...

Can't choose between them . . . like them both EQUALLY. xxx