Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Scoring Frugal 7.

There's a crafty little competition going on over at Nessa's blog to see if we can make a Christmas card using from your stash only items that are not Christmas orientated. Christmas stamps & dies are a no no  but you may use a Christmas sentiment if you wish.
This is what I pulled out to use on my card today.

A piece of Raspberry Road digi paper called 'Autumn splendor' in woodgrain effect.
The spellbinder Medallion die and the Studio punch I used  for the waste bits  only.
White card blank and also not shown my scor pal and distress pens in red and green.
Sentiment was produced in word document and printed out.
Snippet of brown card stock also  needed.

Here is my card.
The door was created using my scor pal to emboss the panels.
Wreath was created using the small flowers and leaves  as shown above.
A small bow was added and a black pearl for the door knob.
In the end I changed the card blank to a plain square.



Entering into the following challenges:
Frugal Christmas Card Competition: Using non Christmas items.
Pixies Crafty Workshop #91: Use up your snippets (brown card).
Make It Monday #159: Papercrafts.
Sparkles Christmas Challenge #32: Non - Traditional colours (brown and pink).
Inspire Me Fridays #121: Anything goes.
Brown Sugar #60: Shades of brown.
Challenges 4 Everybody #29: Anything goes.
Chocolate Coffee and Cards Challenges #48: Anything goes.
Crafty Hazelnuts Extra  #9 Anything goes Christmassy.



25 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Without a doubt...this is my total favourite of the frugal cards you have made for this series!!!

The door is a superb idea and the wreath from the cast off of your die is fabulous!

Brilliant ideas here Mrs A.

Dr Sonia S V said...

How clever to use the left overs of the die cuts!!

Anonymous said...

Ah,Mrs A-You have excelled yourself! Fabulous card-love that door effect-another clever Frugal card :)
Nessa xxx

Sandra H said...

Morning Mrs A.....Still not active in my craft room but able to do a little blogging as we still haven't moved in yet.....Truly beautiful another of your amazing and adorable creations xx

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

What a wonderful card! Love the door/wreath. Thanks for joining us this week at the Brown Sugar Challenge blog. Good luck.
Lynn, DT Member
http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.ca/

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely work, thanks for joining us at CC&CC the theme anything goes cards only, good luck cheers Sue N x

Di said...

Hi Mrs A! Wow, love this - so many ideas from you. The door is just perfect with the pretty wreath.

I shot two you know whats earlier in the playground wiv me catapult - 'Take that' said I, on your behalf.

Hugs, Di xx

Wendy said...

What a great idea! Love the peeled paint effect on the door and the pretty little wreath, fab! Spotted it on MIM xx

Debbie said...

Hiya Mrs A.
Very clever and stylish card, great stuff. Debbiex

Kathleen said...

Well this is one really clever card, I didn't expect a wreath, let alone a door. Brilliant.

Kath x

Karen Petitt said...

You are so blooming clever with this! Love this one, and every time you post another I get excited thinking what has Mrs A used this time. I will try to do the little challenge you set me in the next couple of weeks. I have some DT work I need to do but then I can play for a bit again Karen x

Carol L said...

I would not have had a clue for this challenge but you met it head-on with a clever card! NJ!

JoanieMc said...

Such a cute idea!! Thanks for joining Challenge 4 Everybody.

Hugs
Joanie

Chrissy said...

Mrs A....you excelled in genius, I love this card...so very clever..
Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Anonymous said...

Im liking this card, do like the wreath die

Sarn said...

That is just WAAAAY too creative Mrs A. How do you do it??

Hugs
Sarn xxx

MagsB said...

This is such a welcoming card! I love it!

love Mags B x

Irene said...

What a brilliant absoluely and stunning christmas card. I LOVE it.
luv
irene
xxxx

Hazel said...

Delightful card for my CHNC challenge extra for September - hope to see you again soon. x

Cathy said...

Amazing card Mrs A. The door and the wreath are so clever! Cathy x

loz said...

Gorgeous Card. I saw this on MIM..Loz

MaryH said...

I am so enjoying this Frugal Christmas challenge Nessa has going on. This one is really super, love that door you created. So realistic looking. You are the bestest at seeing the fine details from that punched waste. What an eye you must have. Love this one, with your flower wreath on the door. TFS & Hugs

Grenouille Greetings said...

Wow! A brilliant door, Mrs. A! And a lovely wreath! Hugs, Lesley

Sandra H said...

!WOW! So beautiful is your entry thank you for sharing this in our challenge at Sparkles Christmas Challenge good luck and hope to see you again next time Dt Member Sandra H xx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

How cool does that door and little wreath look! X