Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Holly Jolly.

I found a new challenge today and as it only required me being able to count one to five  I thought 'I can do this. How difficult can that be'.
The challenge is over at Holly Jolly to follow this sketch and must be a Christmas Project.
I am on a mission at the moment to upcycle as many of my  old received christmas cards as possible. Some of them go back years!

I have had this piece of  flocked cardstock in my stash every since my  swap buddy Loly in America sent me this small 4" x5" bit of her favourite paper called Red Glitter Love Notes by Making Memories. Well it became my favourite too so only came out on special ocassions to be looked at, stroked and them put safely back again! Looking at the sketch I realised that I would only have to cut half a circle from it so I bit the bullet and made the cut.
I used bits from 2 different cards for the centre bar and the smaller circle which I have attached with foam pads for a 3D effect. The wording was part of the card and the plain red/gold card stock  from my stash.
Close up below.
 
The really, really best part of this upcycling malarkey is that my stash lives to tell another tale
Yay!
 
 
Entering into the following:
Stamping for Pleasure: Rudolph Day.Make something festive.
Crafty Hazel Nuts Extra: Anything goes christmassy.
Whoopsi Daisy: Add a sentiment.
Pixies Crafty Workshop: Use your snippets up. (Well  I did .Just a bit)
Make it Monday: Anything Paper crafts.
.
 
 
 
 
 


 

 

19 comments:

MaryH said...

How marvelous the way you made this card! It is just lovely! Had to laugh when reading about your stroking & saving the papers. I have some I just hate to use - they are so pretty & are out of print now (at least I can't find 'em!). Glad you still have a bit left. Sent you a book email earlier in the week. Sorry to be so slow in getting a reply back. Thanks for sharing this beauty. I'm loving these upcycled cards. I have been saving for years, just 'cause they were too pretty to toss. Never knew what I'd do with 'em, now I can think of ways! Hmmmm. Hugs

Catherine said...

This is so lovely Sweetie ! I love the papers you have put together... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Hazel said...

I love Holly Jolly and I love your card, Mrs A - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge extra for February - hope to see you again soon. x

Sarn said...

Whoop Whoop . . . here she is! Thanks for entering this gorgeous festive card to Rudolph Day! Can you tell I'm feeling CHIRPY today????

Great sketch to use too. AND upcycling into the mix. FAB-U-LOUS!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Zue said...

This is a good way to get all your cards done for later in the year.
Have fun !
Xx

Hettie said...

Very pwetty card there Mrs A!
Funny how we get possessive about certain things we like to just get out, look at, stroke and put away! I have some fabrics like that as well as papers!
Hugs
xx

Di said...

Brilliant Mrs A - and some leftovers to play with another day too!!

I'm a paper stroker too :)

Hugs, Di xx

Sandra H said...

This is fantastic Mrs A and to think its snippets that you used to produce such a beautiful creation xx

Judy McKay said...

I like your interpretation of the sketch. Very nice Christmas card. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly this week. Judy

Ali said...

When I saw the design outline with the numbers I thought you were making a Santa with a belt. How wrong was I? Your upcycling has turned out beautifully the dove looks really pretty.
Ali x

Debs Willis said...

Good for you on being brave and cutting up that paper - I can totally relate - I have a few in my stash that I take out and stroke then put back into their safe hidey hole lol!

Great use of your snippets

Debs

Faye said...

You know I'm gonna be upset when I see one of my cards here... You have to keep them forever and ever and ever and ever! I really like how you used the sketch... You have an elegant creation here. xx

CARLA PREDIGER said...

This is brilliant! Loved it! Thanks for joining CHNC extra challenge this month.

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful Christmas card and I love the dove image! Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday.

scrappymo! said...

What a great idea to split the background circle...thereby only having to cut half a circle of your lovely paper.
Lovely card and best of all you used stash and snippets!

Unknown said...

Awesome card great design too..xx

Jan said...

Super card thanks for joining us at WD. Popped over from MIM xx Jan

Cindy van Oorschot said...

A super card using our sketch. Glad you found us. Also neat how it came together,love it.
Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly, hope you will join us again.
Cindy

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card! Definitely worth using some of that special paper!