Sunday, February 26, 2012

Valentine Swap.

I recently entered a Valentine Swap and could hardly believe it when the name of my partner to send to was revealed as being Sherry!!! This was the other idea that I was mulling over for the 4 piece swap so now I was able to do both. I found this exploding box again in my 'Craft Stamper' magazine and had earmarked it for future use. The papers I already had from a digi download that I bought before my UIU pledge.
So lots more gluing and sticking went on but I'm happy to say they stayed stuck together. The shrink plastic 'wally button' was well hidden (no it is not on top of the box). Now what to put inside as my little extra gift? Well chokits of course, the felt not fattening type!!!!!
I was determined that Sherry would not realise that her swap was from me right until the last minute so 'The Doc' wrote the address label, I printed a vague return address label and then even went into the next county (we border two counties) to post the packafge from. Finally under the chocklits was an envelope revealing all.
I had a lot of fun making this too though for a different reason.
Entering into the following challenges:
Stamps R. Us: Anything Goes.
By the Cute and Girly: Love is in the air.

16 comments:

Margreet said...

Wow, what a gorgeous explosion box...non-fattening chocklits??...yummy, I want those too!!!....lol....have a wonderful Sunday!
xxx Margreet

Sherry said...

If they had been real chocolates, they would have been long gone by now - LOL. It's a fabulous box, and wasn't I the lucky one yet again!

Donna said...

Ooooh this is gorgeous Mrs A, a really pretty design and perfect that it contained non-fattening choccies too, well done on keeping the secret safe until the end :) Donna ♥ x

Doreen said...

Wow this is just gorgeous,love the non fattening chocs to.xxx

Donna said...

I love that box with all the goodies! I posted about your stick pin swap with me. I am so sorry its so late. You can see what I posed on my blog. Thanks for being my partner!

Zue said...

What a beautiful thing to receive...how lovely, so beautifully made...aand how clever.
Your walk sounds positively wonderful...there will be so many more to do, walks that is. Have a brilliant week!
xxx

Unknown said...

what a gorgeous gift to receive! Sending you love Annie xx

Bernie said...

Awesome box! So pretty!
Blessings Bernie

Jam Dalory said...

What a fab gift, The choklits look great, good enough to eat in fact! x

Estelle Grace Tudor said...

So lovely, what a fab swap gift x

Shannon White said...

Goodness what a Yummy Explosion box! So Lovely and Sweet! I am sure the recipient just Loved this! So glad you could play along with us at Stamps R Us! 8-)

Uta said...

Wow, your explosion box looks so great.

Thanks for joining us at By the Cute and Girly.

Hugs, Uta

Kate said...

Great project, I like the idea of calorie free chocs! Thanks for sharing with us at By The Cute And Girly This month, hope you'll join us again tomorrow for the new March theme.

** Kate **

Mixed Media/ Altered Crafts said...

Wow! Different! I Love The Creativity You Put Into The Box! Fun & Gorgeous! Hugs,Tee

Faye said...

Such a clever idea, beautifully executed. xxx

Anonymous said...

hi may i know what color of cardstock you used? and what other materials? thanks

here is my email add momhie.deinhao3@yahoo.com