Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wordesk Wednesday 103.

Not so much whats on my desk but on the floor. As promised this is the sewing machine cover that I made my partner for the swap. Actually made for an embroidery machine so is much bigger than would fit on my desk so I had to put it on the floor to take some pictures!





Close up of the side pocket.




and close up of the front showing the fairy door. In my hurry to get it posted off I forgot to show what was underneath namely an owl. My partner said she liked bright colours , one wall of her sewing room is red and she likes owls and whimsical so this is what I came up with.



Told you it was big!!

I quilted it using buttons of different sizes and tieing off with red embroidery thread.



I made a couple of extras from the owl material. A note book and a pomander. The owl was behind the door.










For more fun and snooping of some very interesting desks why not pop on over to Julia's blog.


Thats where I'm headed for later on once I find out what monkey is up to. Have a good day.

14 comments:

Annie said...

Fab machine cover and really love the book cover and pomander too.
A x

Sarah said...

just fabulous - I just love fabrics too. You have done a great job here and fab colours!!!
Thanks for sharing, have a great week.
Sarah at 18 (Sasa)

Zue said...

What do you mean....'the owl was behind the door'?
Mrs A...how creative!!
You are very creative and have been busy, obviously! I think it must feel nice to make something useful. (I wonder what that feels like.) The owl fabric is gorgeous..I love it.
Well done you and I envy you your machine.
Mine has three legs and wobbles.
Sue xx

Unknown said...

Hey, what a great use of buttons. Love that! I've never seen anyone use buttons in this way before... So clever!

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

What a brilliant machine cover. I really must find my machines - I have two, neither of which I bought. They were both belonging to my mother at different times of her life. Neither of them have such superb covers.

Nicks said...

wow fab cover, I must get round to making one for myself

Anne said...

Fabulous cover , love the fairy door !!!
Thanks for sharing and have a great week
Anne x

Kathleen said...

Fabulous cover love the button detail
Kathleen x

okienurse said...

Great cover! I love all the detail you put in to it and the colors are awesome. Thanks for sharing. Vickie #46

oneoff said...

Gorgeousnesses! While the thought of a sewing machine makes me go a little faint (blame traumatic needlework at school!), the cover is beautiful, and I love the accessories.

Bx

Julia Dunnit said...

It is big!! But it's fab - I love the idea of the owl behind the little door - great touch - what a generous swap!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

What an amazing idea, Mrs A., to have a sneak peek fairy door with an owl behind you do make such pretty things!! thanks for sharing! Shaz in Oz.x

Sherry said...

What a fabulous swap and I love the extras too - the owl fabric is fab! Bet your swap partner loved it all x

Martha said...

hoo hoo! your owls are dead cute! love the fabric you used :)