Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Workdesk Wednesday No 91.

So what is on your workdesk this Wednesday. This is mine taken at 3am this morning. The lighting is incredibly dim as the 100 watt overhead light bulb went and The Doc only had a spare 60 watt to replace it with.

I have been working on making some paper flowers, cutting round circles freehand with pinking scissors , using plain papers and white printer paper that I have used distressed inks on the edge and then cut into thin strips nearly to the centre of the circles. Once layered up I think they rather look like carnations.
Right in front are two hearts that I was experimenting making from shrink plastic. They will go on the next ATC playing cards.


In the middle is an hibiscus flower made from merino wool using the wet felting method. (I was not impressed with this way of felting the wool and much prefer the dry method.) So to the left is a pile of Bagpuss's fur (taken from where I have groomed her over several months) ready for me make the last self furred picture .You can see the other two on the right of my blog. These will eventually go onto frames that need to be painted in the dinning room colours and then hung.

If you want to see lots of other desks today then head on over to Julia's blog where you will be able to snoop around well over 100 desks.


P.s. The cardi (from last week) felted up really well. After putting through a hot wash I stuck it in the tumble dryer on a hot cycle for 40mins fro good measure. It is now half the size and twice as thick and perfect for the project in hand.

22 comments:

Lila Castro said...

Hi Valery,
fabulous flowers. I adore all the things you do

xx

Karen said...

Gorgeous flowers, they are so pretty and I love the colours :)
Have a great WOYWW,
Karen #68

Fiona said...

What gorgeous flowers - interesting about your cardi - it reminds me of how many times I've done this unintentionally and then had to throw it away - that was in a pre-crafting life though - maybe now I'd find a use for it.

Ali said...

They look great. Ooh whats monkey knitting??? Has he recovered from his sunburn - lol xx

Simple homemade living said...

your flowers are stunning x x

Laura - 66 x

Anonymous said...

Love all your flowers but especially the felted one.
x Tricia (79)

oneoff said...

I see that Monkey is unexpectedly talented! Are you trying to keep him out of mischief?

Those flowers are gorgeous, and I glad the cardi felted up well. Bagpuss's fur looks really soft and snuggly - looking forward to seeing her portrait.

Hugs Bx

Susanne said...

Glad you see that you've given the monkey something to do, will keep him out of mischief. I keep telling myself I will try my hand at making flowers - but since I've still a hoarders stash of pre-made ones, it won't be anytime soon.

Zue said...

Look at the gorgeous things you have made. I so badly, like desperatly badly, want one of those tools. But I am too mean to spend...going to try making one first!

Sue xx

Annie said...

Love the flowers. Look forward to seeing what you do with the felted jumper.
Don't forget to pop over to our shop and put your name down in the next gift draw.
http://sisterscraftycreations.blogspot.com/
Hugs,
A x

Angela Weimer said...

Lovely flowers. Looks like you have alot planned . Your fur creations are wonderful. Have a great day. Angela

Chrysalis said...

Hi - I'm not sure what I'm more amazed at - the thought of you taking a photo at 3am, or your wonderful crafts! Thanks for sharing - it's so good to come across blogs with crafts other than cards, scrapbooks etc - lovely ideas! x

Chrysalis said...

Forgot to say - I love the idea of the fur portraits - my 3 babies have short hair, meaning I'm always needing to vacuum but I don't think I could ever make pics xx

Debbie said...

Don't like to pry...but what were you and the Doc doing up at 3AM!!!!
LOL
What a great way to keep Monkey out of trouble, getting him knitting!!
Your workdesk Mrs A is possitivly elegant, won't let anyone see mine. Debbiexx

Unknown said...

your paper flowers are so pretty Mrs. A! are you suffering from insomnia? i don't like it when that happens... but I often get up and make stuff as well! :)

Sherry said...

LOL at Monkey knitting - I'm glad he's there to keep you company in the early hours (assuming The Doc's tucked up asleep!)
Your paper flowers look great as does the woollen one! Bagpuss fur looks so soft and will make a great picture to accompany your others. (I'm back WOYWWing at last - not that there's much on it - lol)

Marjo said...

Love the flowers. Thanks for the peek and sharing. Have a great WOYWW.

Hugs, Marjo #5

The Crafty Elf said...

Your picture was taken at 3 a.m.? Sounds like a page from my book! Great flowers by the way.

Julia Dunnit said...

Glad the cardi felted so well....you will show us the project in hand? Really nice flowers - amazing the inconvenience of 40watts missing - and if you have to go over to the long life things, the colour of your light will change agaiN!

okienurse said...

Beautiful flowers! I think the fur creations are awesome! Thanks for sharing. Vickie #49

Tertia said...

Lovely flowers. I must try that sometime!
Happy belated WOYWW

Spyder said...

Monkey's looking on, hoping to join in! Love the flowers and love your furrry frrrriends as well!